12.21.2005

Hudson Valley Ruins

Everyone has their own favorite vices. Drinking, smoking, gambling, extreme sports, battling sharks.

My preferred source of thrills is going to look at buildings.
Abandoned buildings are extra fun.

Several years ago I stumbled across Hudson Valley Ruins while doing research and realized this website would let me get my kicks without having to worry about getting stopped by the police. A team effort by Rob Yasinsac and Tom Rinaldi, the site features abandoned buildings from Yonkers to Hudson Falls, and is updated periodically with demolition alerts. In a region with a lot of growth and a lot of history, abandoned structures are where the need for change and the need for preservation collide. I've long been an admirer and thought it worth posting as a point of interest.

Posted by Natalie

No comments: